Black men and women in America have been convinced that being an attractive female means to have as much white features as possible.
This time last year I was unemployed, broke, and suicidal.
Today, I just got the keys to my first house.
Give it time.
Needed this today
when you hear people preach that it gets better, they aren’t joking. if it’s not better yet, it will be.
1. I have an extremely big heart. It can be a blessing and a curse but it’s definitely more of a blessing.
2. I’m very pleased with the face and body God has blessed me with. I used to really hate the way I looked growing up. When you’re told you’re ugly on a daily basis, eventually you start to believe it.
3. I’m very intelligent. Also a blessing and a curse because when I encounter ignorant people, I tend to tell them off in the most polite and educated way possible.
4. I always put others before myself. God has really been pushing me to be a selfless person and I’m happy with that quality.
5. I’m black. I’m proud of my heritage and that I’m a carefree black girl.
An honest friendship is one in which even after weeks of not speaking, things are still the same whenever you choose to speak. I don’t see the obsession with talking to people every single day online or over text just to call yourselves friends. If you don’t talk to me for a while, I’m not going to assume you don’t want to be friends.